Television in China relates to high tech program production, coverage and transmission. The China Central Television is the largest and most productive national television station. In the 1980s, there were 2/3 of people having access to television in China whereas today, more than 3000 channels are operating in the country.
Dragon TV (or Shanghai Dragon Television) is a satellite TV station that began its operations back in October 1998 with the name of “Shanghai Metropolitan Television”. It changed its name to “Dragon Television” on October 2003. Dragon TV is covering the most of China at present, including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and overseas in Australia, Japan, North America and other countries. The channel started using high definition broadcast from Sep 28, 2009. The live stream TV is also popular throughout the country.
Dragon TV news program 8 sections in total, including 4 news type program and 4 news feature shows, broadcast news programs and presents mentioned as follows:-
• Table of Two Cities: Taiwan and Hong Kong Political talk show broadcasted on 12:00 – 12:30 every Saturday
• The East News: Global news that is broadcasted every night 18:00 – 19:00.
• Look East: Morning live broadcasts, featuring several types of news information and life aspect. The broadcast is shown Monday to Friday morning from 07:00 to 09:00 and Saturday 07:00 to 08:30 Sunday morning.
• Global News Station: broadcasts the latest international and domestic news at midday 12:00 to 12:30 from Monday to Friday.
• Global Weekly: broadcasted every Sunday from 12:00 to 12:30 and features China Radio International co production highlighting Global hot spots weekly.
• Eastern Evening News: broadcasted from 22:30 to 23:00 live.
• Depth 105:- shows depth news commentary program, world affairs and more weekly from 22:30 to 23:30, co produced with the Xinhua News Agency.